A Must Have!
February 7, 2015
If your the least bit serious about keeping tropical fish then go no further until you acquire this test kit. As far as medium-range priced test kits this
one has the most 'bang for your buck'. The liquid testing will give you a close to accurate analysis of your aquarium parameters for pH, ammonia,
nitrite, and nitrate...and without knowing these key essential conditions then you are literally blind to your water conditions.
When first setting up my tank this kit was invaluable to evaluate my water parameters until my tank had thoroughly cycled. Even when I thought my tank
was cycled and I had added fish (actually added too many at one time) with this test kit and vigilant monitoring, I was able to head off potential ammonia
spikes and save my fish from ammonia poisoning.
- Easy to use...but you MUST follow the directions TO THE LETTER! Particularly when instructions tell you to shake the regent bottles before testing as
- some of these regents have suspended chemicals that must be shaken thoroughly in order to get an accurate reading (nitrate test in particular).
- Plenty of chemicals in the kit to perform MANY test. I believe the kit performs a total of 800 test.
- Easy to replace certain test when you run out. You do not have to replace the entire kit as each test is available individually. You may use your ammonia and nitrate test more often then your pH or nitrite test...so when you have exhausted these test you can easily and cheaply replace them within the kit without having to purchase an entire new one.
- You must read these test color results carefully. These can be difficult to read under less than optimal lighting. Use a solid white background to hold the test
- tubes against and use good strong white light while viewing to accurately see exactly what the results are.