January 13, 2013
Best I've found! I've been using this small filter for several years for my approx 35 to 40 gal pond which is built into the floor of my screened porch. We have a red-eared slider who is approximately 15 years old & she can get pretty messy. The pond is outside & I heat & cover it if temp falls below 50 in winter (Florida).
After frustration with the short life span on a couple very expensive large filter setups I found the Zoo Med. It has worked well, the replacement filters are very reasonable & it could even be used with a small fountain attachment except that our turtle doesn't like splashing. :-) I would highly recommend it! If my pond was 2x the size, I would consider 2 of these rather than the large out of water filters.
- Keeps working even though I don't clean it as often as I should.
- Very dependable, has continued to work for several years.
- Replacement filter combo is very reasonable.
- Easy to clean, parts come apart easily to clean all well and pop back together easily.
- Keeps the water moving enough to clean but not enough to upset the turtle.
- Never have had issues with it clogging up.
- Can't think of anything to dislike.