Dangerous for any dog
March 8, 2015
I bought this for my two mixed breed dogs. The larger of the two is just under 30 pounds. Admittedly, they both are tough on toys, but I've had pretty good luck with JW Pet toys before. This one, though, gets an absolute thumbs down. My dog had broken it in 5 minutes.
It may be a little difficult to see in the photo, but the black "web" part is very stretchy rubber-like material. The green part is hard plastic. The "bulb" part that sticks out all around has a sort of cap glued on in order to form the round bulb. My dog took hold of one of those bulbs and had it broken off into sharp pieces. Fortunately, I was right there when it happened, or he might have cut his mouth or swallowed some of the pieces.
I contacted JW Pets who replaced this toy with another one - a new sort of treat ball. It, unfortunately, is also made of hard plastic, and I cannot let my dogs play with it because they'll crack that into pieces pretty darn quickly, too.
Unfortunately, it appears that the dog toy designers at JW Pets have run out of ideas for safe toys, and they're going on to brittle plastic toys which are good for only very tame dogs. I don't know if anyone bothered to try it out with any dogs, though, and that's a real shame. Buyer beware when buying their new toys. Stick to the known rubber balls and squeaky toys. Those are great and rate 4 or 5 stars. But this toy really doesn't even merit one star except that they at least were trying to come up with something new.
Prossomething different, but only for very tame dogs
Consbrittle and dangerous